The Caribe Hilton Hotel in San Juan is one of the most famous hotels in the Caribbean and the first Hilton-operated hotel outside the U.S. mainland.
Set on a secluded peninsula with 17 acres of lush foliage with amazing views of the Condado Lagoon, this San Juan resort is centrally located between historic Old San Juan and the culturally rich Condado area. With no passport required for U.S. citizens, Caribe Hilton is the ideal Caribbean getaway.
The Caribe Hilton is the only one on the island with a semi-private beach. Guests also enjoy an oceanfront pool with swim-up bar, hammocks, tropical gardens, nine restaurants and bars, tennis courts, children playground, spa, game room and bird sanctuary.
In 2005, the Caribe Hilton was expanded to include Paseo Caribe, a huge complex comprising shops, restaurants and 264 villas marketed as the Condado Lagoon Villas.
A Historical Landmark
The Caribe Hilton Hotel is known as the birthplace of the iconic Piña Colada. Bartender Ramón “Monchito” Marrero spent three months in 1954 creating a mix of rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice. The drink was first served on August 15 and, as you probably already, the rest is history.
The Caribe Hilton has hosted numerous celebrities and world-class performers since opening its doors in 1949. Its beautiful lobby and charming surroundings have been featured in several movies.
Its location, tropical ambiance, friendly staff and superb service make the Caribe Hilton Hotel a top choice of tourists from all over the world.
To get away, you do not have to go far away. No matter where you are, getting to the Caribe Hilton Hotel is easy and convenient.
- Located 7 miles from the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
- Served by multiple airlines with nonstop flights from major U.S. cities
- Two and a half hours flight time from Miami
- Three hours from Boston
- Three and a half hours from Atlanta and New York City
- Four to five hours from Chicago, Houston and Dallas
- Eight hours from Los Angeles
From Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport:
- Take the first exit to the right unto Baldorioty Expressway #26, going west
- Drive straight for approximately 7 miles
- When the expressway ends, continue on Muñoz Rivera Avenue #25
- Cross over the Dos Hermanos Bridge and go through one set of traffic lights
- Follow the road around the corner, and the Caribe Hilton Hotel will be on your right
FYI: Driving in Puerto Rico is on the right-hand side of the road. A valid U.S. driver’s license can be used to drive on the Island for up to three months.